September 8, 2011

Locked out...

Chloe and I were hanging out at home just like we do everyday. I went out to move the sprinkler while I was talking to my mom on the phone. Chloe always stands at the front door and watches me move the water. When I went to open the front door, I realized that she was playing with the door while watching me and locked the dead bolt! I went around the back of the house because the back door is usually unlocked. Just my luck, of course it's locked. All of the windows that are open are too high for me to try and climb through them. So I stood at the front door trying to get Chloe to unlock it. She didn't understand what in the world I was talking about and just stood there giggling and waving to me. Then she disappeared for awhile, and came back with a green crayon. Awesome. She went to work coloring up the stairs and all over the front door. I stood there yelling for her to stop, but she thought it was hilarious. Luckily I had my phone with me, so I called Rob and he was able to take his lunch break early. So I sat on the doorstep for about 20 minutes while Chloe ran amuck inside. I just finished cleaning up her art work. Thank goodness for magic erasers!

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha cute...probably not to you but to someone who doesn't have to clean up the mess it sure is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! SO FUNNY! Things that drove me nuts when you guys were small...are hilarious when your kids do them!

    ReplyDelete